- January 10, 2017
I was returning with other volunteers in our fire department’s SUV after our community training course. This was last autumn, not long after the Republican Party convention. Not unreasonably, our conversation during the long drive home turned to Donald Trump. Frank, usually rather taciturn, turned to a younger member of our crew with uncharacteristic passion: “They’ll take all our guns away. Wait and see,” he declared.
Voices of Iraq
- Doni George
- Director of Documentation, Iraq National Museum.
Iraqi archeologist resigns, August 2006
Sample Iraq's intellectual and artistic heritage 4:41
- Kayhan Kalhor
- Kalhor, Iranian musician, impresario of kamancheh, speaks with Tahrir about his work and life between Brooklyn, India and Iran.
With interludes from his CD Crossing The Silk Road. Sample Kamancheh virtuoso Kalhor in collaboration with Shujaat H. Khan; an excerpt from our 55 min. interview 7:30
Radio Tahrir calligraphic logo design by
With visible breath I am walking. A voice I am sending as I walk. In a sacred manner I am walking. With visible tracks I am walking. In a sacred manner I walk.
- from Joseph Epes Brown's The Sacred Pipe: Black Elk's Account of the Seven Sacred Rites of the Ogl
- a poem.. a song..
- "What She Said", by Lisa Majaj
A poem from Palestinian experience Flash
Call to Prayer: reciter, Mor Dior Bamba, Senegal
- Book review
- Dave Eggers's
reviewed by BN Aziz.
- Tahrir Team
- Read about Dean Obeidallah in the team page.