- July 31, 2014
From Tom Sawyer, through Batman to A Wimpy Boy and the innocent Nemo. Itís not just math, science and journalism where girls and women are marginal. Boy-man heroes dominate our childrenís books; films too. Among theories on socialization, I subscribe to the argument that admirable, heroic characters in our books and films become serious life-models for our children. And the boy heroes that far outnumber female champions
Voices of Iraq
- Abbas Jijan
- Iraqi Poet Jijan presented this poem "Obama" in a 2009 program on Al-Arabiya TV. (in Arabic). See our July 20 podcast for the translation.
- Shahram Shiva
- Rumi interpreter and translator Shahram Shiva talks about the Sufi poet and performs Rumi with music. Sample Shahram Shiva in conversation with BN Aziz 6:42
Radio Tahrir calligraphic logo design by
"There are those made invisible. The struggle is to overcome this and become visible"
poet Suheir Hammad
- a poem.. a song..
- Popular Palestinian Vocal
traditional song of The Homelands, Arabic Flash
- Qur'an Surat Al-Qaria
from 'Approaching The Qur'an' CD, reciter: Seema B. Gazi
- Book review
- Remi Kanazi's
Poetic Injustice:Writings on Resistance and Palestine
reviewed by Sami Kishawi.
- Tahrir Team
- Read about Tamara Issak in the team page.
- Arab American Comedy Festival
- Arab Writers Conference, 2011
- AWAIR, Arab World & Islamic Resources
- Busboys and Poets; DC Bookstore & Cafe
- Electronic Intifada
- Journalists MiddleEast
- Pacifica Radio Network
- Women's Islamic Initiative
- Arab American Journalists
- Attorney Lynne Stewart--civil rights defender
- Boycott IsraelCampaign
- Connecting Cultures
- FSRN Pacifica Radio News
- Iraq Virtual Museum
- Muslim Women Lawyers
- Palestinian Initiative