April 17 Monday 7:45 am, 99.5 fm on WBAI Radio, NYC. Why is there essential no anti-war movement in the USA? BNAziz raises this question with host MG Haskins, then offers her doubts about the authenticity of the US backed White Helmets, the award-winning.Syrian humanitarian agency.
April 10; A critical look at media coverage of the US assault on Syria; and an update on ReclaimNY.
B. Nimri Aziz continues her weekly radio commentary on events around the globe and in the USA. Listen in at 99.5 fm, or online www.wbai.org where we are livestreamed.
"We are more alike than we are different"
March 8, Women's Day Radio Specials 10-11 am on WJFF Radio, 90.5 fm, and 11:am on WBAI, 99.5 New York: B. Nimri Aziz interviews director Amber Fares about her new film "Speed Sisters" --a profile of 5 Palestinian car racers. Orther segments are from 2009-2010 interviews with professional women in Damascus Syria, Nadia Khost and Nidaa Al-Islam.
As a Black writer, I was expected to accept the role of victim. That made it difficult in the beginning to be a writer. James Baldwin
I often feel that there must have been something that I should’ve done that I didn’t do. But I can’t identify what it is that I didn’t do. That’s the first difficulty. And the second is, what makes you think you’re it?
Harry Belafonte, activist and singer at 89
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble; It's what you know for sure that just ainst so.
You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you.
Mary Tyler Moore
You can’t defend Christianity by being against refugees and other religions
"I don't have to be what you want me to be". Muhammad Ali
"The Secret of Living Well and Longer: eat half, walk double, laugh triple, and love without measure" attributed to Tibetan sources
Recent audio posts include interviews with Rumi interpreter Shahram Shiva, London-based author Aamer Hussein, South African Muslim scholar, professor Farid Esack, and Iraqi journalist Nermeen Al-Mufti's brief account of Kirkuk City history. Your comments on our blogs are always welcome.
- Qur'an Surat Al-Qadr, 'Night of Destiny' Quranic recitation by women is as much a gift to the divine
- Qur'an Surat Al-Shams from 'Approaching The Qur'an', CD.
- Talaal Badru Alayna praises to the Prophet, from Nazira CD, female voices
- Qur'an Surat Al-Laila from 'Approaching the Qur'an' CD, male reciter
- Allahu Ya Allah Praises to the Prophet, by women of As-Siddiq Institute and Mosque
- Algeria: Qur'an Recitation Algerian Sahara , by Sufi brothers
- "Angels" Abdal Hayy Moore reads from 'Ramadan Sonnets'
- Qur'an Surat Al-Qadr from 'Approaching The Qur'an' CD, male reciter
- Qur'an Surat Al-Qaria from 'Approaching The Qur'an' CD, reciter: Seema B. Gazi
- Ya Rabbi Mustafa praises to the Prophet, from Nazira CD, female voices
- Azan Call to Prayer: reciter, Mor Dior Bamba, Senegal
- "Ramadan" AbdalHayy Moore reads from 'Ramadan Sonnets' --www.danielmoorepoetry.com
- Qur'an Surat Mazzamil Huzna Majid, NJ student, reading
- a poem.. a song..
- "What She Said", by Lisa Majaj
A poem from Palestinian experience Flash
- Qur'an Surat Al-Laila
from 'Approaching the Qur'an' CD, male reciter
- Book review
- Yousry Nasrallah, Director, Egypt's
Scheherazade: Tell Me A Story
reviewed by BN Aziz.
- Tahrir Team
- Read about Dean Obeidallah in the team page.
We have a tradition of honoring our ancestors; so honoring Billy Holiday today, the centenary of her birth, we honor and elevate the community of African Americans.
Cassandra Wilson, vocalist; April 7, 2015 Harlem's Cotton Club, NYC