April- podcast, Egyptian director Yusri Nasrallah; 1996 Tahrir archive special
March 26 Our latest interview - poet and novelist Sam Hazo; podcast.
February 10, Poet Etel Adnan interview, Tahrir archive podcast
1997 featured archive podcast: comment by Hussein Ibish, poet Lisa Muhammed and film reviewer Anissa Bouziane
Sept10 podcast "Fen Majnoon with Dean and Maysoon" 2005 archive
April 16 podcast. Fawzia Afzal Khan on parallel US-Muslim agendas-- diverging or supporting?
March 8, podcast Women's Day special: poet and author Mohja Kahf
Jan 8 podcast ALGERIA: past and presernt:
Nov 20 podcast Salma K Jayyusi on modern Arabic literature; NY Arab Comedy Festival (2005 archive).
Sept 18 podcast American Muslims: advances and setbacks, with author Stephan Salisbury, attorney Fahd Ahmed, DRUM-NY and Adem Caroll of ICNA. Sayyid M. Sayeed discusses Islamophobia 13 earlier (1991 archive).
Aug 21 podcast "From Cordoba to Baghdad", Arab Music with virtuoso Simon Shaheen
Aug 14 podcast Naif Al-Mutawa creator of “The 99”and CEO of Teshkeel Media speaks about his challenges, his vision, his plans for this international superhero young people's project. The City of Cairo with Kadry Al-Arabi (1994 archive); some Ramadan poetry.
June 5 podcast, Muslim students talk about their experience after revelations of infiltration by US intellegence agencies of their student assemblies. Also, a Tahrir archive profile: the early 20th C. Egyptian feminist Doria Shafiq
April 24 podcast Actor/film-director Newark-born Usman Sharif
March 27 podcast "Water in the Middle East"-a radio documentary from our archive, with updates.
Sept 27 podcast. Mohammed Ghani Hikmat ,Iraqi sculptor (1929-2011); and BN Aziz' report on her 1993 visit to Gaza at the time of the Oslo Accord (archive)
Voices of IraqEnvironmental Ruin in Iraq by BN Aziz
- Dr. Aliya Sousa
- Dr. Aliya Sousa was the daughter and biographer of the remarkable
and prolific Iraqi author, researcher, engineer and hydrologist, Dr.
Ahmed Sousa (1900-1983).
In this 1999 interview in Baghdad, she recalls his early life. Aliya Sousa perished in the bombing of the UN office in Baghdad, August 19, 2003.
Sample Aliya Sousa speaks about her father Dr. Ahmed Sousa 7:29
Sample Pt 2, reviewing Sousa's research in irrigation 5:43
- Doni George
- Director of Documentation, Iraq National Museum.
Iraqi archeologist resigns, August 2006
Sample Iraq's intellectual and artistic heritage 4:41
- BN Aziz
- audio documentary-- "Iraq:How Can I Forget?"
Sample 'Iraq in the Embargo War 1990-2003'-- a Tahrir audio documentary 17:30
- Abbas Jijan
- Iraqi Poet Jijan presented this poem "Obama" in a 2009 program on Al-Arabiya TV. (in Arabic). See our July 20 podcast for the translation.
- Suad Al-Radi
- Iraqi resident, Baghdad, days before the invasion
Sample My country, my family 7:45
- Ilham AlMadfaii
- Iraqi musician
Sample from Al-Madfaii's 1997 interview with BN Aziz, prepared by Manaslu Gurung 4:01
- AbdulAmeer Alwan, Iraq2
Kerbala street in my hometown, 2000 (charcoal)
Palm Grove, south Iraq (watercolor)
- Mohammed Ghani Hikmat
- Iraq sculptor Mohammed Ghani Hikmat, in his studio in Baghdad in 1991, after the US-led bombing against Iraq; speaking to BN Aziz. (Ghani died Sept 12, 2011, in Jordan.)
This machine (the banjo) surrounds hate and forces it to surrender.
Pete Seeger, activist/singer/songwriter
- a poem.. a song..
- 'The Indian Never Had a Horse"
Etel Adnan reading from 'The Indian Never Had A Horse' Flash
- Qur'an Surat Al-Laila
from 'Approaching the Qur'an' CD, male reciter
- Book review
- Remi Kanazi's
Poetic Injustice:Writings on Resistance and Palestine
reviewed by Sami Kishawi.
- Tahrir Team
- Read about Jad Abumrad in the team page.
- Africa/World International News
- Arab American Journalists
- Attorney Lynne Stewart--civil rights defender
- Boycott IsraelCampaign
- Connecting Cultures
- FSRN Pacifica Radio News
- Iraq Virtual Museum
- Muslim Women Lawyers
- Palestine--ongoing Cultural Genocide
- Women's Islamic Initiative
- Arab American Comedy Festival
- Arab Writers Conference, 2011
- AWAIR, Arab World & Islamic Resources
- Busboys and Poets; DC Bookstore & Cafe
- Electronic Intifada
- Journalists MiddleEast
- Pacifica Radio Network
- Palestinian Initiative